So here it is, all three next-gen consoles have been revealed: the Xbox One, PS4, Wii U. The question is, which one will you buy? Here is my quick list on my opinions on all three.
- I like the OS and how seamless and integrated it looks.
- I dislike Kinect: don’t want to look like a clown, talking to a screen and making gestures to the air to watch TV or play a game.
- I dislike the box. I honestly thought that the console and controller where both huge and ugly.
- I like the Fantasy integration.
- I like the controller, it’s pretty.
- I don’t care for all the social features integrated with my personal stuff.
- I like the recording and sharing of gameplay.
- I love the gamepad.
- I don’t like the fact that the OS is not seamlessly integrated with everything.
- I like miiverse. A place specifically for gamers where only owners of the console can see and interact with.
- I like the how compact the console is. Small and pretty.
Best & worst:
Best controller? Wii U
Worst controller? Xbox One
Best OS? Xbox One
Worst OS? Wii U
Most Unique and Innovative? Wii U
Less Unique and Innovative? PS4
Worst gimmick? Xbox One Kinect (It’s even worst if it’s actually required to use the system)
Regardless of the power department I think the Wii U has a slight edge on the Xbox One and PS4 and that is on how you interact with your console. The second screen in the Wii U adds a really innovative and simplistic way to do everything on the OS. For example, with the Wii U you can quickly browse the web in a very interactive way. You use the touch screen on the gamepad to click, zoom, scroll, type etc… With the PS4 you have the touchpad but that is very limited. Of course you can use it like a laptop trackpad to move the mouse around, but that’s not as good as having an actual touch-screen. The Xbox One has kinect as the main input. To make it simple, I hate the idea of talking to an electronic device. I have the iPhone 5 and I barely use Siri, unless I’m driving and need directions home.
My prediction honestly is not a good one. Before the consoles were announce (PS4 and XOne) I came to the conclusion that one of them is going to fail. I don’t know which one is going to be. XOne seems more mainstream and PS4 more gamer focused. We will just have to wait and see, but I do see one of them failing. The mainstream consumer won’t buy two of the same, they will have to choose one. With Nintendo I see the Wii U selling the most this console generation. I think Nintendo has a great appeal with the Casual gamer. I mean, I know you have kinect but you have no brand games for that peripheral. With the Wii you have Wii Sports and Wii Fit, and every single one of the 100 million that bought a Wii knows those brands. Kinect is a name to a peripheral, Wii is a major recognizable brand and Nintendo needs to take advantage of it. Another reason why I see the Wii U selling the most is because for many gamers, Wii U will be the second console they buy. I have seen many people already saying that they will get the PS4 and Wii U. Remember, you can’t play Mario, Zelda and Metroid in any other console… Oh, and don’t forget all those exclusive titles like The Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2 and Sonic: Lost World.
Well, those are my thoughts, and I want to hear yours. Please share in the comments below.